LEGAL EXPERTISE YOU CAN RELY ON
PHILLIP ALAN SIMON, ESQUIRE
Mr. Simon is a versatile trial attorney with a proven success for managing end-to-end civil, criminal, family, and business law cases through settlement or litigation. He is a motivated and articulate professional who thrives in a courtroom setting, excels in client rapport, discovery, and depositions. He has an exceptional skill in drafting, reviewing, and analyzing pleadings, motions, and memoranda, responses, opinions, briefs, and other legal documents. His talent for liaising among witnesses, experts, and opposing attorneys is unmatched.
Prior Professional Experience
Carosella & Associates, Pc, West Chester, Pennsylvania
Prince Law Offices, Pc, Reading, Pennsylvania
Lehman Pastino, West Chester, Pennsylvania
Woodruff Law Firm, West Chester, Pennsylvania
DiAngelus & List, Media, PennsylvaniaThroughout his over 15 years career, Mr. Simon has practiced as litigation lead for various firm’s family law, business, and criminal law caseload. This typically necessitated building and maintaining relationships with legal professionals at the Chester County Justice Center and legal professionals in neighboring counties.
Key Highlights from his experience
- Spearheaded a criminal defense for search and seizure case in Chester County with 5 defendants, winning appeal before Pennsylvania Supreme Court.
- Won a favorable decision to change jurisdiction for client in custody action upon UCCJEA pleadings and arguments in York County.
- Consulted on behalf of a key business client’s national trademark and domain dispute achieving favorable outcome.
- Effectively argued in Lancaster County to cancel guardianship agreement and gain custody for out-of-state parent.
- Successfully expunged criminal record in Lehigh County for active military member allowing him to obtain higher rank with increased pay and opportunities post deployment.
- Negotiated for client over one year in prison and over $5,000 in fines down to $250 penalty in Montgomery County.
- Successfully litigated to void lease and got damages for client due to inhabitable circumstances with roommate in Montgomery County.
- Litigated arbitration for key business client pertaining to breach of contract and unjust enrichment, winning a favorable verdict in Chester County.
- Served as House Counsel for property management and fireplace supply companies, providing legal advice and leading litigation efforts, including collections, breach of contract and compliance matters.
- Won multiple litigation cases related to Consumer Protection / Unfair Trade Practice statutes, typically gaining damages for clients ranging from $300-$30,000.
Education And Credentials
Juris Doctor, 2001 – WIDENER UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF LAW – Wilmington, Delaware
Moot Court Honor Society | Intensive Trial Advocacy Program (ITAP) | Alumni Association
Bachelor of Science in Political Science, 1997 – UNIVERSITY OF UTAH – Salt Lake City, Utah
Student Government – Student Senator, Behavioral & Social Science Department | Hinckley Institute of Politics – President, Board Member, Moderator | University Newspaper – Feature Writer | University Alumni Association & Hinckley Institute of Politics Alumni Association
Licensure & Court Admission: Licensed to Practice Law in the State of Pennsylvania, 2002 | Admitted to Practice before the US Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, 2006 | Admitted to Practice before the United States Supreme Court, 2012 | Licensed to Practice Law in the State of New Jersey, 2022
Associations, Memberships & Committees: Bar Associations: Pennsylvania Bar Association, since 2002 | Chester County Bar Association, since 2005 | Delaware County Bar Association, since 2014 | Pennsylvania Bar Association Gaming Law Committee, 2017-2019 | Chester County Bar Association Criminal Defense Section, 2005-2021; Chairman 2017-2021 | Chester County Criminal Rules Committee, since 2016 | Chester County Fee Dispute Committee, since 2016; Mediator since 2016 | Chester County Family Law Section, since 2014 | Delaware County Civil Trial Practices Committee, since 2017 | Delaware County Civil Rules Revision Committee, 2015-2016 | Chester County Court of Common Pleas Arbitrator, since 2006
Programs, Panels and Seminars: Expungement, Limited Access to Criminal Records & Parole – Public Program Presenter & Panel Moderator for CLE at the Chester County Bar Association – 2016 | Chester County Spring Bench Bar – Presenter – 2017 | Problem Solving Courts and Specialized Supervision Programs in Chester County – CLE Program Coordinator and Moderator – 2017 | Bridge the Gap – Program Moderator 2014 – 2020